[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: Inteception on field inherited through generic superclas

kabir.khan@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 17 06:17:47 EST 2007

"ttarhan" wrote : Kabir,

  | Did you get an updated version released with this fix?  I don't see it anywhere.

I will be releasing 1.5.3.GA later today once svn is up again following our upgrade

anonymous wrote :
  | Thank for your quick reply :)
  | I my case I'm using dynamic AOP and I don't know from the beginning the base class name. The only thing I know is the name of the derived class "C" and the name of a field (which might be defined in class "A"). (Of course you can say that I can find the name of the class extended by class "C" using reflection)
  | I can NOT use the pointdef with "instanceof" since I am NOT interested to watch fields modifications in ALL classes derived from "A", only modifications made in a particular class "C".
  | Can you please tell me if modifying the way ClassAdvisor is doing the comparation will solve my problem? Or should I be more patience and wait for the next release?

This will not be possible in 1.5.x, but it can be made possible in 2.0. However, you will still need to at least "prepare" the field in the superclass. When loading the superclass we (Java) does not know of all possible sub-classes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4002713#4002713

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4002713