[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Portal security and tomcat security are not inline

jkoek do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 24 08:20:27 EST 2007

I'm using portal v2.4.

Problem;
The portal is configured to use security.
The user has to logon to the portal when accessing a pate.

I have a portlet that start's up a new window using javascript.
Within this window I'm communicating directly with a servlet/jsp page.

The timeout of the portal is set to 5 minutes.
Every 3 minutes the new created window is refreshing the page using the session id of the main portal.

After 5 minutes the portal is flushing the session because it thinks that it isn't used anymore.

On the next refresh of the window a http status message 403 -  Access to the requested resource has been denied is shown, because of the flush of the session done by the portal.

How can I make sure that the portal and the webserver are using the same refresh on the session?

Jeroen.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4005781#4005781

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4005781