[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Howto, when user logs out, invalidate session & remove all e

michaelsembwever do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 30 08:03:31 EST 2007

I'm having problems with my JBoss Portal Seam application.
I have two portlets, one for my application and the other to handle user
actions (eg my preferences and log out).

When the user logs out in one portlet my seam actions (and it's ejb3s) are
not passivated. When the session timeouts sometime later then they are
passivated.
This is not acceptable for us, for security and application reasons as
soon as the user logs out we need all ejb3s to be removed. If the logout
action was within the same application portlet it wouldn't be an issue,
but there appears to be no way to remove ejb3s from a different portlet.

I've tried to through the PolicyContext getting the HttpSession and calling
 invalidate on it. But it throws an exception because the response has
 already been committed.

I've searched for some way to trigger a EJB3 cache cleanup, presuming that
the EJB3s in my application portlet are otherwise ready to passivate but
that the cache just needs to see it, without finding any API to help.

The only way I can think of solving this is using MessageDrivenBeans that
the logout action sends a message and my application can listen to and
manually call remove on my ejb3s.

But I just can't believe this is the correct way to do something that
should be so simple.

Have I missed some really obvious way to invalidate my session and force
remove all my ejb3s?

Or does anyone have any other way to achieve this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008272#4008272

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008272