[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - JMS errors when running JBOSS behind firewall and setting ho

Geouffrey1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 30 13:03:45 EST 2007

I'm pretty new to jboss and not sure if this is the right forum for this post. I'm working on a existing jboss project we had running on a LAN we're now moving to a hosted solution where our IPs are Natted.

I've read quite a bit of post regarding similar problems and they we're very helpful along the way. As a first step I went and set -Djava.rmi.server.hostname= and -Djava.rmi.server.useLocalHostname=false. After this I managed to get make simpel queries and get result throug a simple Bean.

The problem I'm having now is that from inside the jboss AS I add results onto a Topic. For some reason I get the following error when doing this.

org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Cannot authenticate user

I get this error when calling TopicConnectionFactory.createTopicConnection(). I've tried passing username and password "guest" to the method but still the same problem.

I'm running jboss 4.0.3SP1 and also tried it on jboss 4.0.5.GA and both of these gave me the same error.

As a final test I created standalone publisher which publishes to topic/testTopic from same hosted server. When I start the server without specifying the rmi.hostname I can publish to it just fine. But when I specify the hostname I get an error that the connection to the instance is refused.

If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it seeing I've spent the last 3 days trying to solve this from what I read from some of the other posts.

Regards,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008424#4008424

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008424