[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: JBoss 4.0.5GA Problem with Firebird will not deploy was

Jonefun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 30 13:04:24 EST 2007

It looks like there may be an issue with JBoss 4.0.5 when defining a persistence unit that maps on to a ConnectionFactoryBinding service instead of the DataSourceBinding service.

I found a jira issue raised that points to the same problem :  http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBPORTAL-613

Here is the jboss error :

You can see that it says it depends on :

jboss.jca:name=Mobile2DateDS,service=DataSourceBinding

which is odd because I have not defined my database as a DataSource, it is defined as a ConnectionFactory so it can't find it because it is looking up on the wrong service. It should be depending on :

jboss.jca:name=Mobile2DateDS,service=ConnectionFactoryBinding

because I am using a JCA Resource Adapter

If anyone can help I will be very grateful

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008425#4008425

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008425