[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: @NamedQuery and setting orderBy as a parameter?

fhh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 30 20:36:22 EST 2007

Just from my database experience I would say that it is not possible. Any sane JPA-Provider will execute the query using a PreparedStatement and any sane JDBC driver will excute a prepared statement using bind variables.

AFAIK bind variables can only represent SQL literals like strings, numbers and dates but they can not be replaced by a database object like a column.

So your named query would result in something

  | SELECT * FROM TBL_HOT_CONTENT ORDER BY 'viewsWeekly desc'

and this will not work for obvious reasons. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Felix

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008590#4008590

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008590