[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Does DataModelSelection work in a Stateless Session Bean

petemuir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 31 13:07:55 EST 2007

"twocoasttb" wrote : I don't see why this finder bean itself should require any state.  Am I wrong?  It certainly shouldn't have to around in SESSION scope.

It needs some state - a stateless bean looses state between each invocation - it is invoked update data model (i think?) to set the datamodel selection, and then in INVOKE_APPLICATION to call the action - the state is lost between these.  Further, you need to hold the state of the datamodel between the two requests - this is due to how JSF works (the restore view phase).  The PAGE or CONVERSATION scope is ideal for this

[qupte]Don't ever set var="org" in a dataTable.  Doing so causes Seam to go nuts searching contexts and it eventually throws an exception because can't find a property called 'jboss' in the entity bean.  Should I report this as a bug?  I'd be happy to provide a test case.  Using var="o" changes the behavior completely.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4008892#4008892

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4008892