[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Refresh values in HAJNDI object

comincho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 11:13:08 EDT 2007

I have an application working in a cluster environment (two nodes) with JBoss 4.0.4.
This app haves a shared object (a bean) in HAJNDI that works as follow:

The master node sets some values (monitoring values) in this bean and as HAJNDI works, this object will be gathered by the other replicated application in cluster. If I want to refresh monitor values from master node, I can do it (I mean, all values are set to zero and the other replicated app in cluster can see refreshed values)
But, JBoss is working in a rare way if I do this from the other node or I don't understand very well how HAJNDI works.
Because, if this process (set all values to zero) is made in the other node, I can see refreshed values in this node only and I can't see refreshed values from the master node.
The question is...why ONLY from the master node I can refresh bean values in HAJNDI? Why not from the other node in cluster?

I have a object (a bean called "transactionInfoBean") published in a HAJNDI tree with this code:

p.load(new FileInputStream(new File(path + "/hajndi.properties")));
try {
   lookup.bind("cluster/beans/" + "transactionInfoBean", transactionInfoBean);
} catch (NameAlreadyBoundException e) {
   lookup.rebind("cluster/beans/" + "transactionInfoBean", transactionInfoBean);
}

perform some works...

 // obtains the remote bean and invokes its refreshStoreCounters() method.
            transactionInfoBean = (TransactionInfoBean) lookup.get("cluster/beans/transactionInfoBean");
            transactionInfoBean.refreshStoresCounters(localStoreMonitors);
            lookup.rebind("cluster/beans/transactionInfoBean", transactionInfoBean);

hajndi.properties file content
java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jnp.interfaces
java.naming.provider.url=localhost:1100

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060870#4060870

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060870