[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Using non-EJB annotated POJO as backing bean

bdillon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 5 11:20:07 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying use non-EJB annotated POJOs as my seam backing beans, but I when I access the object using

<h:outputText value="#{FirstPageBB.name}"/>

I get the following error;

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot get value for expression '#{FirstPageBB.name}'
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:152)

My bean is annotated and declared like;

@Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
@Name("FirstPageBB")
public class FirstPageBB implements Serializable {

Since the example/test I am working does not rely on the data being persisted I wanted to get this working without using EJB or JPA. Can POJOs be used as backing beans with seam or is this limited to Entitys (either EJB or POJOs) ?

Thanks,

Brian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4060873#4060873

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4060873