[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Web Application Deployment (JSF [with Seam] + EJB3 [with

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 18:23:23 EDT 2007

"tcavaleiro" wrote : The doubt is:
  | "how can we deploy a JSF project that communicates with the EJB3 that exists on another tier". Or in other way, making a separate deployment for EJB3 and another deployment for JSF, is that possible? Is there any configuration changes needed?

For most apps Seam makes tiered development unnecessary (in our opinion at least), so you aren't going to find many examples of it.  But you can still do it.  Just declare your EJBs as normal, and inject them using @EJB into your Seam (EJB) components as needed (or use whatever method you like to get hold of the EJBs).  It's tricker to get the SMPC working here, but you can.  You should be able to declare multiple ejb modules in your application.xml if you want to package your ejbs seperate from your seam components

anonymous wrote : Another thing, it's possible (not read much about it.. so if someone can abbreviate the time reading :) ) to interact with ajax4jsf in some way, using javascript hand made or jboss seam remoting, that we can refresh some part of the page (rerender an outputPanel).

I believe that ajax4jsf offers this ootb - take a look at the ajax4jsf docs and the booking example.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4062720#4062720

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4062720