[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - persisting process after every single node

gogoasa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 16 06:46:29 EDT 2007

Hello,

IIUC, a process instance is actually persisted when entering a wait node or finishing.

I have a process with non-wait (action) nodes that may last very long (hours) themselves. They are calls to remote clusters so while long, they are not resource-hungry. There is a business need to trace process execution from step to step and I wonder if there are some good practices to follow on this issue.

If I simply do, in each action :

executionContext.getJbpmContext().save(executionContext.getProcessInstance());	executionContext.getJbpmContext().getSessionFactory().getCurrentSession().flush();

nothing happens as the transaction does not commit until the first wait state.

Ideally I would like to save in the database the process after each and every node. My case is an "enterprise" jBPM deployed on JBoss.

Thank you,
Adrian.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4064482#4064482

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4064482