[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Contradictory classloading on different JBoss instances

ASyDBarret do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 19 07:07:03 EDT 2007

Hey there...

I have a strange problem...when I deploy my MBean services on my development JBoss instance (my setup is, that all my proprietary classes (POJO's, EJBs and even the MBean classes) are referenced from the Jboss's classpath setup directly in their "bin" repository) I get "ClassNotFound exception" as soon as the MBean service tries to run its start method.

I managed to get rid of this problem by defining a custom classloader for the MBean services ... but only with the expense of not being able to debug them anymore (I had to pack the MBEans in an SAR archive and deploy them on the Jboss manually, but that made me lose the connection to the appropriate repository within my IDE - Eclipse...so I cannot access the classes from Eclipse for debugging anymore)

the thing that is really weird about my situation, is that when I tried out my deployment setup in a different environment (resp. on another JBoss on another machine)...it went OK even without the need to specify a custom classloader for the MBean Services.
I investigated a possible difference in the Jboss's configuration, but I could not locate any difference... I was wondering : How can a same SAR archive behave so differently on different JBoss servers, that seem to be configured similarily ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065728#4065728

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065728