[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - external authentication-any pointers for a beginner?

mwkohout do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 23 14:14:13 EDT 2007

Hello all-

I'm charged with developing an application that authenticates users using an external, already existing web-based sso authentication application and (being new to Seam) I'm not quite sure how to proceed.

The way I *envision* my app working is that before every page render, an authentication method ( pointed to in components.xml) checks for the presence of a cookie(this represents an active user session).  If the cookie isn't there (or is invalid), the authentication method redirects to the external web app (where the user provides their u/p).  After the the user authenticates against the external sso system, that system redirects back to my app.  Upon redirection, the authentication method is called again and this time passes and outjects an application "user" object.

Is this a sound way to accomplish my goal? And how do I trigger this authentication method before every page render/page request?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066774#4066774

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066774