[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBoss Messaging / Spring JMS compatibility?

aaubry do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 24 05:42:42 EDT 2007

Hi,

Does anyone can give me a feedback about using both JBoss Messaging 1.3.0 and Spring 2.0.6.

Here is the issue I am facing.

I am using a JBoss messaging stack with a MDB configured to act as a message controller to route to a valid requested service.
This is the server part (JBoss 4.2, JDK 1.5 and JBoss Messaging 1.3.0)

On the client part, I am using Tomcat 6, JDK 1.5 and Spring 2.0.6 (JMS part for that use case).
On a client request, I am retrieving a JMS sender that is configured within the Spring context. Everything is ok but, after having sent more than 400 messages from the client side, I got several WARN logs and it is not possible anymore to send new JMS messages.

The following trace is logged in the client part (Spring JMS):

2007-07-23 17:41:19,731 [Timer-421] WARN  org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.BisocketServerInvoker - [] - org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.BisocketServerInvoker$ControlMonitorTimerTask at 1bebf37: detected failure on control connection Thread[control: Socket[addr=/10.12.16.19,port=3898,localport=3719],5,main]: requesting new control connection

and the following trace is logged in the server part (JBoss + JBoss Messaging):

ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.BisocketServerInvoker] Failed to accept socket connection
java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:384)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:450)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:421)
        at org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.BisocketServerInvoker$SecondaryServerSocketThread.run(BisocketServerInvoker.java:799)

I do think that this more a Spring issue due to the fact that Spring is not reusing connection to optimize the number of concurrent TCP/IP connection but, if someone did have the same issue and found a workaround, I would be very please to read it.

Fyi, I wrote a simple JMS client, with no Spring JMS usage and everything and I do not have this issue.

Many thanks
Alexandre

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4066931#4066931

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4066931