[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Validator in Bean

demetrio812 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 24 05:44:21 EDT 2007

Hi,
I'm using Seam 2.0 B1, I wrote a validator function in a seam managed bean (stateful), this is the code:

  | 	public void validaEmailNewsletter(FacesContext context, UIComponent toValidate, Object value) {
  | 		if (isEmailInserita((String)value)) {  // se c'è già
  | 			FacesMessage message = new FacesMessage(FacesMessage.SEVERITY_ERROR, "Attenzione: l'indirizzo email è già stato registrato", "Attenzione: l'indirizzo email è già stato registrato");
  | 			throw new ValidatorException(message);
  | 		}
  | 	}

validation works good but the only problem is that the message is very verbose and not only with my personalized message and it's like it happens a EJBTransactionRolledbackException, it looks like:

/home.xhtml @96,280 validator="#{newsletterHelper.validaEmailNewsletter}": javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: Attenzione: l'indirizzo email è già stato registrato

What's the problem?

Thanks

Demetrio Filocamo