[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Jboss server only available when asking for localhost:80

hithereeveryone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 12:15:37 EDT 2007

Simply, you have it right.  Yes, it works fine with localhost and when you use an ip or something that resolves to an ip, NO love.  The browser gives the standard error that it couldn't find the server and the server reports nothing.

While I'm inclined to think of it as a networking problem, tomcat is working fine for applications in the same situations and I can't specify myself by IP and those packets don't touch the network.

I'm using as vanilla a version of Jboss 4.2.0-GA

Is there a place in the Jboss configuration where you need to specify the IP address or name of the computer in order to field remote requests?

I'm looking for a clue. Thanks for the feedback.

Patrick Lewis.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4067488#4067488

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4067488