[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - EntityQuery Ajax update

jlane do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 30 17:02:19 EDT 2007

Could someone please explain the steps necessary to have ajax update the input fields and rerun the query.

I have the entityquery running correctly when you enter text in a field and press the submit button - refreshing the datatable.

What I am trying to do is change the behavior to where as the user is entering keystrokes into the input fields the parameters are updated and the query is then rerun - updateing the datatable and re-rendered.

I have been successful in creating an ajax method call per keystroke but don't know how to update the query parameters and re-run the query.

<h:inputText id="classTitle" value="#{staffCourseList.staffCourse.classTitle}" style="width: 165px;">
        			 <a:support event="onkeyup" actionListener="#{staffCourseList.find}"  />
       			</h:inputText>
        			<a:commandButton id="submit" value="Find Course" action="#{staffCourseList.find}" reRender="dataTableStaffCourseList"/>

Thanks for your help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4068900#4068900

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4068900