[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: DL(Q) Reason

aslak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 31 03:39:10 EDT 2007

This might be the wrong forum but..

I've had a look at the jboss 4.2.0 code and as far as I can see the DLQ handler never receives the exception,
it only receives the Message again and has to figure out if it should be dlq'ed or not..

I haven't had a chance to look at Messaging 1.4.0.CR1 source yet, but the release notes says it has fixed a redelivery delay issue.
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-1005
It doesn't say how, but maybe there is something in the fix that might help..

"genman" wrote :
  | For MDB, you're actually not supposed to throw exceptions from onMessage(). So, by design you would never know the "cause."

A MDB is not designed to throw a Application exception, but it is certainly designed to throw a System exception (as any other method).
When using Container managed MDBs, one of the ways to performing a rollback is actually to throw a System exception.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069018#4069018

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069018