[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: DOCTYPE definition on *pages.xml performance warning/imp

lowecg2004 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 5 07:03:42 EDT 2007

Regarding lazy loading of pages.xml: please accept my apologies, I'd completely missed the hotDeployFilter which takes care of this loading when <core:init debug="true" /> and caches when debug = false.

However... I had tried my experiments with debug set to true/false before posting and observed my page timing code on both accounts on every page access.  On closer inspection it looks like components.properties is not being taken into account for projects created by seam-gen.  In fact the value for the @debug@ token in components.xml resolves to the debug value set in build-dev.properties.  components.properties does not appear to be referenced at all in build.xml.

I could override the debug value using the following:

<context-param>
  | 	<param-name>org.jboss.seam.core.init.debug</param-name>
  | 	<param-value>false</param-value>
  | </context-param>

Then I could see that pages.xml were only parsed once despite evidence from the startup logs that the hotDeployFilter still being deployed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4051267#4051267

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4051267