[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Updating a Message in Queue

lazybee26 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 13 19:02:56 EDT 2007

Question
Is there a way to update an existing message in a Queue?
What is the best way to do it?

Environment - point to point, non durable messages

Requirement
I have a Java application that reads data from a TCP stream and dumps it in a message queue.
The data I get, is a bunch of variables (variable=value), and these variables are updated every 20 msecs.  So on the TCP stream I get the updated data every 20 msecs also.
I have to maintain all variables and its LATEST values in the message queue.  Since the data of these variables keeps changing every 20 msecs, i would like to update the messages in the queue, where each message holds the variable and its value.

Is this possible and whats the best way to do it?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4054159#4054159

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4054159