[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Endpoint does not contain operation meta data for: getAccoun

Maffewl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 19 15:48:41 EDT 2007

I want to try and test the backwards compatibility of a webservice I upgraded from Axis to JBossWS.

Up to this point I have consumed the old wsdl w/ wsconsume and have the service deployed in Jboss 4.2.0.GA.  I sent in the old xml and it hits the endpoint but i get the following message:

[org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.SOAPFaultHelperJAXWS] SOAP request exception
javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException: Endpoint {http://xxxxx/account}accountServicePort does not contain operation meta data for: getAccount

here is the request I am sending that works in our old environment (axis/jboss.net) but fails in the new environment:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:m0="http://xxxxx/account">
  | 	<SOAP-ENV:Body>
  | 		<getAccount>
  | 		</getAccount>
  | 	</SOAP-ENV:Body>
  | </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

just for kicks I changed the getAccount tags to :
<m0:getAccount> ... </m0:getAccount>
as defined in the envelope, and i got a different error

[org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.SOAPFaultHelperJAXWS] SOAP request exception
org.jboss.ws.WSException: Cannot find child element: {http://xxxxx/type}getAccount

which seems to me that it it does find the 'getAccount'.

but the reality is, i cant really change the request.  I have to try and upgrade transparently.

heres a portion of the deployed wsdl on the service if it helps

<definitions name='AccountService' targetNamespace='http://xxxxx/account' xmlns='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/' xmlns:ns1='http://xxx/type' xmlns:soap='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/' xmlns:tns='http://xxxxx/account' xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'>
  |  <types>
  |   <xs:schema elementFormDefault='qualified' targetNamespace='http://xxxxx/type' version='1.0' xmlns:tns='http://xxxxx/type' xmlns:xs='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'>

  |    <xs:element name='getAccount'>
  |     <xs:complexType>
  |      <xs:sequence>

  |      </xs:sequence>
  |     </xs:complexType>
  |    </xs:element>
  |   </xs:schema>
  |  </types>

  |  <message name='accountService_getAccount'>
  |   <part element='ns1:getAccount' name='getAccount'></part>
  |  </message>

  |  <portType name='accountService'>

  |   <operation name='getAccount' parameterOrder='getAccount'>
  |    <input message='tns:accountService_getAccount'></input>
  |    <output message='tns:accountService_getAccountResponse'></output>
  |   </operation>

  |  </portType>
  |
  |  <binding name='accountServiceBinding' type='tns:accountService'>
  |   <soap:binding style='document' transport='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http'/>

  |   <operation name='getAccount'>
  |    <soap:operation soapAction='urn:#GetAccount'/>
  |    <input>
  |     <soap:body use='literal'/>
  |    </input>
  |    <output>
  |     <soap:body use='literal'/>
  |    </output>
  |   </operation>

  |  </binding>
  |  <service name='accountService'>
  |   <port binding='tns:accountServiceBinding' name='accountServicePort'>
  |    <soap:address location='http://xxxxxxxx:8080/accountService'/>
  |   </port>
  |  </service>
  | </definitions>