[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Problem Accessing Web Service

djayakaran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 19 15:51:49 EDT 2007

Hi,

I deployed a very simple web service to JBoss-4.2.0.GA, and used JBoss's wsconsume utility to generates stubs.  I ran the client in its own JVM as a java application.  It invokes the web service... no problem!

Then I coded a servlet (actually an Action class much like Struts) to call the web service.  In this case the servlet and the web service are deployed within the same EAR.  When the servlet invokes the web service from within the same container I get an exception when it tries to get the port.  The offending line of code is in the generated service class:
    return (CurrencyWS)super.getPort(new QName("http://currencyconverter.ws/", "CurrencyWSPort"), CurrencyWS.class);

The exception says:

    javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: SEI is missing @WebService annotation: interface ws.currencyconverter.CurrencyWS

All my annotations seem to be fine... the web service deploys fine and a client running in a separate JVM invokes it successfully.

If I run the web service on one machine and the servlet (web server) on another machine they communicate just fine.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
David

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4055801#4055801

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4055801