[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Deployment FAILED reason: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet

coejboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 25 03:21:16 EDT 2007

I am trying to deploy my web application in JBoss 4.0.5. But while deployment I am getting the following error:

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo at 3e0692c5 { url=file:/C:/JBoss4/server/default/deploy/myapp.war }
  deployer: MBeanProxyExt[jboss.web:service=WebServer]
  status: Deployment FAILED reason: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet
  state: FAILED
  watch: file:/C:/JBoss4/server/default/deploy/myapp.war
  altDD: null
  lastDeployed: 1182755986147
  lastModified: 1182755986085
  mbeans:

I tried to set the servlet api in classpath but that gives me some kind of PolicyConfiguration exception. I am a newbie to JBoss.

Can anyone help me to get out of this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4057251#4057251

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4057251