[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Problem with Exception Handler or I just can't do this?

jgreiner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 27 16:07:02 EDT 2007

Could someone tell me if this is an issue with exception handling or if I am just missing something, and doing it wrong.

Most nodes or ActionHandlers that access the database, or check on data, I have an exception handler.  Something like

  | <exception-handler exception-class="java.lang.Exception">
  | 			<action class="com.pubco.das.process.handlers.PreflightExceptionHandler"></action>
  |       </exception-handler>

Then my exception handler sets the process instance to a task node.

  |        Node ebNode = ctx.getProcessInstance().getProcessDefinition().getNode(ProcessVariables.DASMASTER_EXCEPTION);
  |         ebNode.enter(ctx);

What I am finding is that this is working fine, except the node that threw the exception went ahead and transitioned its self to the next node in the process.   I am seeing this on Decision nodes on a regular basis, I am currently testing to see if this happens on other nodes.

Could someone tell me if that is wrong or a bad practice?   Do I need to manually stop the processInstance?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4058408#4058408

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4058408