[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - difference between mcast_addr and bind_addr

seniorfrog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 27 16:10:41 EDT 2007

I am using treecache in a clustered environment (16 total nodes, 4x4). Our current configuration only specifies a bind_addr, but I believe specifying both a mcast_addr and mcast_port might help the performance issues we're running into. I'm trying to convince a few people to specify a mcast_addr and port, but I'm not sure I totally understand the difference between the two (even after going through all the documentation). Can someone please tell me the difference between these two parameters? Similarly, does a mcast_addr need to be specified if a bind_addr is already specified?

Here is some information just in case you might want to know:

JBossCache version 1.4.1 SP3
Hibernate version 3.2.4 ga
Websphere version 6.0.x
Solaris Machines (not sure of the exact version, but pretty recent).

  | <UDP bind_addr="xxx.xxx.xxx"
  |          ip_mcast="true"
  |          ip_ttl="32"
  |          mcast_send_buf_size="150000"
  |          mcast_recv_buf_size="80000"
  |          ucast_send_buf_size="150000"
  |          ucast_recv_buf_size="80000"
  |          loopback="false"
  | />

We are using optimistic locking with repl_sync, but this might change as we go through our performance/scalability cycle.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4058409#4058409

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4058409