[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Error when deploying to Tomcat

mlh496 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 3 21:24:06 EST 2007

I've been struggling for several hours trying to get my Seam app to run on Tomcat.   I've hit a brick wall.  I get the following error in the catalina.log file:

SEVERE: Error Rendering View[/home.xhtml]
javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Cannot get value for expression '#{testList.firstResult}'
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: EntityManagerFactory not found in JNDI
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: myappEntityManagerFactory not bound

Any ideas on what is causing this?

Many thanks,
-Michael

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4024889#4024889