[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - jboss seam and saving to the database

hvram do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 9 06:20:53 EST 2007

Hi
  I am using Seam 1.1.6 and I am facing the following problem

" Trying to save values to the database redirects me to the Seam debug page on an exception . I am trying to redirect to my page but I am unable to do ".

The following is what I have done

         -- I have a database table with constraints on the table ( unique )

          -- Used  seam-gen and generated the code for the tables

          -- Wrote a new method in the entityHome to call the persist method

public String handleRegistration( ) {
     try {
          persist();
          return "test"
     } catch (Exception e) {
           return null;
     }
}

              -- I have entries in the navigation.xml to redirect the output on "test" to the proper page

              --  I have entries in the exceptions.xml file but that does not help . I also have the 'catch all' exception.

Problem :
    On entering a non unique value I get redirected to the Seam's debug page .  My understanding was that returning a null would show the same value .

    Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong and what is the correct way of handling this

Thanks

Regards
Hari

PS : The rest of the features of JBoss Seam really rock . I am just unable to get this simple thing to work

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026568#4026568

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026568