[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - JBoss 4.0.5 and JBoss 4.2 CR1 plus JBossWS 1.2 - Does it rea

ltenmatay do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 12 06:18:55 EDT 2007

Here is what I did, I followed the guide in creating java classes from wsdl.  I used the wsconsume tool.

The xml to be sent has a body something like this, I just made up the element names, but the structure is the same.

  | <requestsender>
  |   <stype></stype>
  |   <content>
  |     <name></name>
  |     <age></age>
  |     <listaddress>
  |       <listname></listname
  |     </listaddress>
  |   </content>
  | </requestsender>
  |
  | <responsesender>
  |   <Status></Status>
  | </responsesender>

Everything worked fine during deployment.  I also had an existing client which works in the actual web service environment.  What I'm doing is trying to replicate that environment.  The client communicates by creating and sending an xml, and not by using a port.  The client uses castor, but it should not matter since an xml is created and sent.  I should not create a new client as I need to make it work with the existing client module.

There are 3 problems. The first is ignorable but I still want to put it here.
1.  There is no wsrunclient in JBoss 4.0.5, so the guide does not work for JBoss 4.0.5.
2.  There is no problem with communication, the xml is sent to JBoss.  Problem is that all contents of RequestSender object is null.  It always does not have a value, it seems something is wrong with the unbinding or deserializing of the xml.
3.  I can return a response to the client, problem is in the case of the returned xml. For example, "Status" is returned as lowercase "status", which raises an error in the client by castor during unbinding. It should not be in lowercase.

Did the guide miss something else?  Take note that the generated ObjectFactory does not contain much, just a simple new XXX class. But I think this is not related right?

Can you advise on what to do?  Does JBossWS 1.2 really work? or this is a bug?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027105#4027105

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027105