[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Caching data per user - multiple instances or not?

augustientje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 13 19:36:28 EDT 2007

"manik.surtani at jboss.com" wrote : anonymous wrote :
  |   | It's probably the reason why with JBoss AS you don't have to explicitely put an object again in the Http session after you mutated it in order to get it replicated, right?
  |   |
  | The JBoss http session replication codebase is probably where you want to look if you're interested in implementing something similar yourself in an app-server independent manner using JBoss Cache.

Well I don't really need the replication. My usecase is that the existing application I'm using JbossCache with is storing a lot of stuff in the session. It's really an overstuffed session anti-pattern, but I can't easily fix that now. Where I would like to use JbossCache for, is for putting an automatic limit on the number of objects in the session. Its eviction policies are probably exactly what I need.

So my original question remains; what would you suggest? Creating a cache instance per user or one global instance with a node per user?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027760#4027760

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027760