[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Programmatic Authentication in JBoss?

lujop do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 15 04:10:44 EDT 2007

"anil.saldhana at jboss.com" wrote : This feature will be available in 4.2.0.GA

  | I was thinking about ways to adequately test this.  For now, after the web authentication in a servlet, I check for two things:
  | request.getUserPrincipal != null
  | and
  | request.isUserInRole(role) == true
  |
  | Any thoughts on how this can be tested further? (No JSF, struts etc ideas please).

I think that this test is nice.

Only for clarification. With this I can have a servlet in a unprotected area of the realm XXXX. And I can arbritally call login(String username, Object credential) and that will be Intercepted with a LoginModule?¿ Or can I put directly a user/role?¿

A little sample in the wiki of a simple usage of that module to authentificate will be very apreciated. I think that using a unprotected servlet to put the credentials will be a very nice one.

A lot of thanks in advance,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4028264#4028264

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4028264