[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - TreeCache problem killing nodes

ottuzzi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 15 10:48:35 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I have a 32 nodes Weblogic cluster divided into 4 differente machines: I use TreeCache as distributed cache but, for unknown network reasons, every node can see only nodes on the same machine; from a point of view you can see it as 4 different caches with 8 nodes each.
A morning I saw strange logs (well I saw no logs) on nodes of a machine: only the nodes on a machine were silent, the other 24 were working regularly.
As windows teach: don't worry.. simply restart the malfunctioning nodes ;)
Well... the nodes did not came up: they were all stuck during the deploy of the webApp that uses TreeCache.
The only repetitive log from each node was:
2007-03-08 10:22:17,890  WARN - join(10.0.0.5:47656) sent to 10.0.0.5:32768 timed out, retrying

I shutdown (well... killed as they were waiting for the webapp to complete the deploy) all nodes and switched the TreeCache to LOCAL (the distributed cache is a plus not a must ;)) to let them restart.

Is it a know JGroup problem?
I'm using latest JBossCache 1.4.1SP2.

Any hints would be appreciated.
Many thanks