[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: PojoCache vs serialized bean in TreeCache

bob_ninja do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 15 10:52:45 EDT 2007

"manik.surtani at jboss.com" wrote : What problem sare you running into?

Here is the post:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=103869

Should I enter it into JIRA?

"manik.surtani at jboss.com" wrote :
  | 2.0 is a big API change from the 1.x series, not just for PojoCache but for TreeCache as well.  In terms of API, this should not change again so writing against the 2.0 API is what I'd recommend.

So I should skip 1.4.x and start with the latest 2.x beta? Ok, I'll try that.

"manik.surtani at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Regarding the PojoCache vs TreeCache debate, I'd go with the "simpler code" option as well, and use PojoCache.
  |
  | That said, I don't see why you need to serialize your beans to use TreeCache?  You could just put the objects directly in TreeCache, the only difference is that the entire object will be replicated rather than the object being broken down into primitives.

Ah, so TreeCache automatically handles serialization. Good stuff.

Ok, so I'll try again PojoCache using the latest 2.x

thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4028420#4028420

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4028420