[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - <web-resource-name> in web.xml

karstenausberlin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 26 10:27:27 EDT 2007

Hello,

let me take as example the JAAS-config of web-console. In the file web.xml there's a block of code:

  |    <security-constraint>
  |        <web-resource-collection>
  |            <web-resource-name>HtmlAdaptor</web-resource-name>
  |            <description>An example security config that only allows users with the role JBossAdmin to access the HTML JMX console web application</descript
  | ion>
  |            <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  |            <http-method>GET</http-method>
  |            <http-method>POST</http-method>
  |        </web-resource-collection>
  |        <auth-constraint>
  |            <role-name>JBossAdmin</role-name>
  |        </auth-constraint>
  |    </security-constraint>

My question: What is the <web-resource-name>, in this case above HtmlAdaptor? Can I insert here whatever I want or is it a reference to a setting in an other config?

Regards from Berlin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031602#4031602

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4031602