[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Slower JBOSS 4

jerrynolan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 27 13:52:19 EDT 2007

Have you had any luck in your research?

We ourselves took a big performance hit when we upgraded to 4.x, although we made several new deployments at the same time that could be part of our decreased performance too.

Here are a couple of links you might have already seen - if not, they are helpful.

A JBossian blog posting on rmi gcinterval and also stack size:
http://blogs.jboss.com/blog/acoliver/2006/03/21/If_you_dont_do_this_JBoss_will_run_really_slowly.txt

Sun's JBoss On Solaris Best Practices
http://www.sun.com/servers/coolthreads/tnb/applications_jboss.jsp

Here's an extensive article on slimming your jboss installation. It starts with tuning tips
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossASTuningSliming

And you probably know this one too, but just in case:
http://java.sun.com/docs/performance/

Along with this:
http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/gc5.0/gc_tuning_5.html

If you haven't yet already, check out
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/share/jstat.html#gcutil_option
I use that on production boxes instead of verbosegc

And jmap with the -heap option is awesome. The -histo option is pretty cool too.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032147#4032147

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032147