[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Exadel, JBoss and Seam

gilsontavares do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 2 10:59:05 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

I'm from Brazil and I'm really excited with these technologies integration thru Seam. I think you guys are doing a terrific job.

I'm trying hard to understand how everything fits together. As a university professor, I'm introducing the use of JBoss products in my classes.

Right now I'm in a configuration battle with Seam, JBoss 4.0.5, Richfaces, Ajx4jsf and Myfaces / Facelets. All the examples I studied put all of the above jars inside the ear. That is good for examples, but not a good practice. Even considering the examples, I deploy the same set of the above jars for each example I try. It seems to be much more reasonable to install these jars in the container so that any app can use them. I installed my JBoss with class loader isolation configuration. I simply can't make things work, I receive all sorts of error msgs when I try to implement this idea. I tried many different confs in conf/jboss-service.xml, the deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/conf/web.xml and the deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml and all I got is a change in the kind of errors reported. I'm really stuck with that. Of course, as deploying everything as modules in the ear, with the proper confs in application.xml, is the only approach that works, that's what I'm doing. But I really want to know how to configure these jars in JBoss so I don't need to insert them in each application I deploy. I googled a lot and I have a feeling that this problem is related with embedded tomcat class loader configuration 'cause, as far as I was able understand, the root of the problem is the binding of JSF libs/tlds (declared in jsf-libs dir of tc5) with the libs/tlds of Seam, Ajx4jf & Richfaces, since they are in different class loader memory areas when these jars are not inside the ear.

Can anyone help me to solve this puzzle?

Thanks in advance.
Gilson Tavares

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042464#4042464

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042464