[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - poor use of Memory

EscudoJaguar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 2 19:35:51 EDT 2007

I have started my jboss with the options java -Xms1024m -Xmx2560m
but it seems that jboss is not using all the amount of memory the server
has allocated for it, the higest percentage of memory it uses is 24%.

I have a class that only creates blocks of memory, I use it to taste
that JMV can use the 2560m it has available and when I run it, it takes
the total memory it can.

I don't know if a parameter in jbosss controls the amount of memory
it can use, apart of the well known java -Xms1024m -Xmx2560m

SO:       Fedora 3
JBOSS:  4.0.2
JVM:     jdk1.5.0_06

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042673#4042673