[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Trinidad 1.0.0, Seam and JBoss 4.0.5

stephen.friedrich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 2 19:39:19 EDT 2007

Is there any way to make this work?
After twiddling with project setup for several hours and googling for solutions I am pretty much frustrated.
I am deploying as an ear. Where should I put myfaces and trinidad jars?
Seems I can only pick which exception I'd like to get:

   only trinidad jars in WEB-INF/lib - myfaces jars deployed from default location in JBoss server's jbossweb-tomcat55.sar
or trinidad and myfaces in the ear, referenced via manifest from web module
======================================================================================================
00:51:31,296 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
  | org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri: http://java.sun.com/jsf/html cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
  | 	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:50)
  | 	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:407)
  | 	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:114)
  | 	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.generateTLDLocation(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:316)
  | 	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:147)

Both trinidad and myfaces jars in WEB-INF/lib:
	00:40:51,046 ERROR [[/texas]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener
  | java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/faces/context/FacesContext

Both myfaces and trinidad jars in WEB-INF/lib, myfaces also deployed in JBoss server's jbossweb-tomcat55.sar
============================================================================================================
01:05:44,203 ERROR [StartupServletContextListener] Error initializing ServletContext
  | java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Class org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamApplicationFactory is no javax.faces.application.ApplicationFactory
  | 	at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.newFactoryInstance(FactoryFinder.java:132)
  | 	at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:107)
  | 	at org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.configureApplication(FacesConfigurator.java:439)

Both trinidad and myfaces deployed in  in JBoss server's jbossweb-tomcat55.sar
01:22:27,953 ERROR [[/texas]] Error configuring application listener of class org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadListenerImpl
  | java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadListenerImpl
  | 	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1355)
  | 	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1201)
  | 	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3711)

I am trying to clean up a JSF/Seam application that was some developers first try at using JSF at all.
So I figured I start by upgrading components of it to current releases.
Seam update from 1.0.1 to 1.2.1 was very easy:
The app was running fine after that with ADF Faces.
Now I am trying to update from ADF Faces to Trinidad. Adjusting all the changed tags and attributes was a little tedious, but straightforward.

Right now I am absolutely stuck. I'd be immensely grateful for any help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042674#4042674

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042674