[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Seam Deployment Error

jeffowen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 3 06:27:18 EDT 2007

OK, I've cracked what the cause is.  Perhaps someone who understands the annotations could now explain why it happens:

It goes wrong if the code has @Stateful commented out (or I use @Stateless instead):

package org.jboss.seam.example.booking;
//imports ......
//@Stateful
@Name("myAction")
@Scope(EVENT)
@Restrict("#{identity.loggedIn}")

// other code
@Destroy @Remove
   public void destroy() {}

but, not if I don't comment out the @Stateful

@Name("schoolList")
@Scope(EVENT)
@Restrict("#{identity.loggedIn}")

// other code

@Destroy @Remove
   public void destroy() {}

It seems to be associated with the presence of the @Destroy and @Remove tags.  If these are present and the bean is not @Stateful then I get this deployment error.  I sort of understand from the tutorial that you need @Destroy @Remove if the bean is stateful.  I didn't get that you couldn't have them if it wasn't.

I supposed (perhaps naively) that this type of error would be picked up at compile time.

Is there some kind of checker that can be run to look for this sort of thing?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042776#4042776

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042776