[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: While Seam is great, is any weakness of this framework?

fperedo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 3 13:15:44 EDT 2007

Hi!
Thanks for answering so fast...

Maybe it is just me.. but I feel that lines between "cant be done without J2EE5" and "can't be done without the microcontainer" and "can be done with just tomcat" are blurry... perhaps if the documentation included some kind of feature matrix comparing the functionality of seam on each case? (also... if it can be deployed to tomcat  shouldn't that mean it should be easy to deploy pretty much everywhere?)

The thing I don't like about seam-gen, is that I feel like my applications gets to have lots of code I don't quite understand... and therefore... if something it that generated code fails... its going to be really hard to fix... I would like to be able to build a really really simple example and add stuff to it, to understand exactly what is done by each piece of the project...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042919#4042919

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042919