[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: HQL/ JPA-QL Query Tuning: How to enforce the join order

hoeft do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 3 13:31:38 EDT 2007

Thank your for your answer.

But: Your are wrong, it is possible to enforce the join order in SQL. Dan Tow describes it in his book and I think his book wouldn't have got such a good resonance if he hadn't known what he was writting about.

Consider the following Sql-Statement:

  |    select *
  |    from Table1 T1, Table2 T2, Table3 T3
  |    where T1.Key2_ID=T2.Key2_ID
  |       and T1.Key3_ID = T3.Key3_ID;

If I want to enforce the join oder T1,T3,T2 this can be easily done:

  |    select *
  |    from Table1 T1, Table2 T2, Table3 T3
  |    where T1.Key3_ID = T3.Key3_ID
  |       and T1.Key2_ID + 0 * T3.Key3_ID =T2.Key2_ID;

So it is possible in SQL to enforce the join order I want.

Hoeft

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4042924#4042924

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4042924