[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Is seam-gen really a good idea to learn about seam?

ASavitsky do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 4 15:22:38 EDT 2007

"fperedo" wrote : Hi!
  | -First, transient POJOs: show me what can be done in
  | SEAM without JPA or Hibernate. (a really simple in memory POJOs example with 1 page first, and then 2 or three) ¿this part needs the microcontainer?
No, though one does get included in the Seam-PDF example. You can safely drop most of MC/JPA/Hibernate stuff in such setup - though Seam does have some dependencies I couldn't get rid from: namely ejb3-persistence.jar (doh!) and hibernate-validator.jar (expressions, facesMessages and validators Seam components)
"fperedo" wrote : -Second, persistent POJOs: evolve from the first tutorial and make some of its POJOs persistent (using just Hibernate, then show how to do it with JPA annotations) ¿this part needs the microcontainer?
there are alternatives to using MC - see http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=104525 - though Pete is right, MC is the easiest to set up
"fperedo" wrote :
  | -Third, full J2EE, add stuff like stateless & statefull POJOS that can only be done having a full J2EE5 stack (is there a difference between having a full J2EE5 stack and using the microcontainer?)
>From top of my head (incomplete list):
Stateful, Stateless and message-driven EJBs (forget about @Stateful and @Stateless). Entity beans are in, though.
Persistence Context injection via @PersistenceContext (use @In)
You have to (or, rather, you better to) use Seam-managed transactions and Seam-managed persistence contexts if you're outside J2EE container

HTH,

Alex

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4043324#4043324

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4043324