[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: JBoss 5beta1, JSF1.2 and Netbeans Visual Web Pack

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 9 15:24:05 EDT 2007

There is a problem in the TLD for the fileUploadTag.  If you look in ui.tld for that tag, the id is defined like this:

      <attribute>
  |             <name>id</name>
  |             <required>true</required>
  |             <rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>
  |             <deferred-value>
  |                 <type>java.lang.String</type>
  |             </deferred-value>
  |             <description>
  |                 The required attribute is used to associate the components related functions.
  |             </description>
  |         </attribute>

But FileUploadTag.java extends javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentELTag, which is designed for JSF 1.2.  For components that extend this class, the id attribute must be defined like this:

      <attribute>
  |             <name>id</name>
  |             <required>
  |                 false
  |             </required>
  |             <rtexprvalue>
  |                 true
  |             </rtexprvalue>
  |             <description>
  |                 The required attribute is used to associate the components related functions.
  |             </description>
  |         </attribute>

See Section 9.3 of the JSF 1.2 spec.

Anyhow, if you change the TLD to what I have above, it will work.

Stan
http://jsf.jboss.com

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4044460#4044460

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4044460