[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: submit on enter

cwash do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 11 11:25:49 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | I could be wrong but I think seam finds the "nearest" command button and automagically presses that when you hit enter!
  | Shuffle the button round so that "submit" is nearest the password field.
  | Works for me!

I think you're right in that this is how JSF determines which command button to turn into a type="submit" (which will respond to the enter button keypress).  If you want it to appear second, this is something you can do easily with a style change.

I'm really surprised no one thought that through when designing JSF.  It's pretty basic form stuff...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045035#4045035

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045035