[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Doubt regarding clinet side interceptor.....
do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat May 12 11:36:24 EDT 2007
I think you have a conceptual misunderstanding here.
- Clustering is done for fault tolerance (aka high availability) of an application.
- Load balancing is to distribute load, and hence for scalability.
Clustering any object (incl. HTTPSession, Stateful EJB ...) comes at a price, because the state has to be replicated to other members(nodes) of the cluster.
So, if scalability is your problem clustering will not help.
Apart from increasing number of instances, you need to determine bottleneck, and tune.
Some potential areas are:
- Web tier (mod_jk to jboss-web connection)
- DataSource Connection Pool
- Entity load (fetch policy, eager/lazy reads etc.)
- Java VM (garbage collection, optimal heapsize etc.)
View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045202#4045202
Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045202
More information about the jboss-user