[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Search Form Scope

Delphi's Ghost do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue May 15 22:49:48 EDT 2007

Ok, thanks matt.

It's not so much the resources, its more a case of having to deal with the conversation on the page (ending it properly).

If they search and click a menu item to move to another section, then the conversation sticks around,  assuming that you have propagation="none" on your menu links. propagation="end" on the menu links would be ideal for the search page menu links since when you navigate out, you end the conversation, but you can't do that if you want to share the menu with "proper" conversational pages. In that case, every time you navigate out, you end the conversation instead of keeping the conversation as a workspace.

You could duplicate the menu, one for conversational (propagate="none") and one for single conversation pages where propagation="end", but that is just messy.

I was just hoping for some answer to the page scoped issue where I can have a scope that lasts as long as the user is on the page.

I'm just paranoid that performance is going to shoot down in the event of having too many conversations floating around (we have about 1,000) users.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046009#4046009

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046009