[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: My Brain < Seam Conversations
do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 16 22:49:42 EDT 2007
Thinking out loud:
Could it be:
1. After the save, Seam looks in the current context (the nested one) for the DataModel, doesn't see it and recreates it.
2. Because the nested conversation is still valid through the end of the rendering of the manager page (after save is clicked), that its rendering with the nested conversation's version of the DataModel. So the new record appears.
3. Then when I hit add again and then cancel, I've lost the first nested conversation and its conversation context DataModel.
4. The parent conversation DataModel was never updated.
The last part I'm assuming may be becuase of one of two things:
1. Because the nested conversation datamodel variable was updated instead.
2. and/or even though I've reloaded the data in my private member var, Seam doesn't know to invalidate the DataModel object its created on its behalf. i.e. I'm replacing the private member reference with a new one from the query result. Perhaps the DataModel variable in the parent conversation context is actually still referencing the old one?
Or perhaps I'm overthinking all this.
Really appreciate any help.
View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046354#4046354
Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046354
More information about the jboss-user