[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: How to get this (very simple) tutorial to work in JBoss

mjdinsmore do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu May 17 22:12:23 EDT 2007

I've done the (new InitialContext().lookup("beanName/local") and that works all fine and dandy.   I'd really PREFER to use the
@EJB(name="beanName/local") private Bean beanName; instead, but its not working.

Note:  I'm using 4.0.4GA.  I had applied some EJB 3.0 patch a long time ago and forgot which one so I just tried with what seems to be the latest possible version for my version of JBoss -- I applied the jboss-ejb-3.0-RC9-fd.zip using the Ant install.xml script.  I use Java 5.

Am I doing something wrong?  I basically removed the InitialContext code and use the @EJB instead and that's the only change so I know its not any deployment, etc type of error.

Thanks for any insight.  I think it seems like the @EJB injection is really useful and can simplify the testing process.  Maybe I'm wrong since I can't even get that working yet... but I'd like to potentially simplify some unit tests and my mock ejb containers....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4046690#4046690

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4046690