[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: IllegalAccessException using reflection on private field

jxhill do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 23 19:30:19 EDT 2007

Flavia,

Thanks for the quick response, I will use your workaround until the bug is fixed.

I have one comment.  If you correct the problem by making the wrapper method public, then won't the field be accessible through reflection without calling Field.setAccessible() first?  That would be wrong because then you could bypass the security manager when accessing a private field.  Any bug fix should require a call to setAccessible() before allowing access to a private field.  Just a thought.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4048083#4048083

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4048083