[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: identity authenticator method runs twice

jgreene do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 5 18:45:32 EST 2007

Pete -
After seeing the JIRA ticket on this, and rereading the prior posts, it occurred to me that there may have been a little confusion about the "login" method that I was referring to.  I was referring to my own "login" method that is configured in components.xml to serve as the authenticator method.

In our "login" method, we want to track the number of consecutive times a user fails login with a wrong password.  I've configured the components.xml file to use my "login" method, but the property for number of consecutive failed logins gets incremented by 2 when the user actually fails only once.  Since the Seam security framework invites the user to write his own authenticator, then configure it to be used, having it executed twice outside the programmer's control does not seem like acceptable behavior.

I've seen the recent JIRA ticket for this.  Is is still slated to be fixed in 2.0.1GA?

Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102013#4102013

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4102013