[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - clickable lists problem...

minamti do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 5 18:53:15 EST 2007

I have the following scenario.

I have a page that displays the clickable list.

say (objs is the list and obj is each object)

John Public     |    iPod Nano
Jane Public     |    iPod Video

I need to go to a detail page for John if I click on John and a detail page for  iPod Nano if I click on iPod Nano. Same for Jane and iPod Video.

I would need something like

<s:link value="obj.user.name" action="/userDetail.xhtml>
   <f:param name="user" value="#{obj.user}">
</s:link>

Can I do this... ??

I am able to get the clicked data in a method which I invoke in the action part of command link as is shown in the messages example of Seam Reference.

In the hotel booking example too it calls a method in the backend object

I want to know how I can go to a page with a parameter as an object.
I guess I can use s:link only with raw data and not objects.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102015#4102015

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4102015